Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My Smile is wrong

April 18th- posting now......
"Where did this come from?" asks Rob. After I explained my conversation with Robbie tonight. I sat by his bed and asked what he would like to do tomorrow- It's spring break- covid 19 style but we still have options- paint rocks, watch movies, go for bike ride... but he really wanted to talk about his teeth. He told me he couldn't smile because his teeth are broke or wrong. He pointed to spaces in his smile and teeth that are too small - or don't line up. He was incredibly specific. Truth be told- not long ago ( prior to being home) we went to the dentist for a cleaning. The option of braces came up. It was just suggested as an option as no one knew if Robbie could handle them and if it would be worth it. My perspective has always been- we will fix teeth. Personally- I had it all- head gear, braces and a retainer. I was not happy at the time- but now am thankful.
The question has become- how does Robbie feel about it? My intention was to have a consult with a local orthodontist - but then- life changed and everything seems to have paused.  The bright side is- now I know straight teeth are important are to Robbie- thus- we will absolutely make happen for him. The down side is - " so you will call tomorrow, My teeth will be fixed tomorrow. Braces tomorrow?!"  After explaining a few times - I hope he understands, but I know the question will be asked tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow.  And so on..................

No comments:

Post a Comment