Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Power of Siblings

This post is dedicated to my siblings. I was fortunate enough to have an older brother and a younger sister. Both of whom have shared in my laughter and joy as well as my pain and sorrow.  Both of whom I love unconditionally as they do me.
How this relates to autism....... It doesn't really- but it relates to my family and our situation. Robbie is truly blessed to have two siblings.  A sister and a brother. Both younger. Both who adore him.  As parents you worry about what will happen to your children when you are not around to ensure they are safe, happy and healthy.  As a parent of a special needs child, you worry, twice as much.  But watching them play together, share together and laugh together is amazing. The memories they are creating are awesome! Just as the memories of my brother making me laugh so hard at dinner- the milk I was drinking came out of my nose.  Or- my sister and I pretending we were ice skating, in our socks, on our parents hard wood floor, falling down and laughing.  Again- Robbie is lucky. Lexi is lucky. Timmy is lucky. They have each other.
To my sister and my brother- I am so lucky to have you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment