Thursday, January 21, 2010

Update

I haven't written on the blog in weeks. In part due to some changes in our family and because I don't want to "Jinx" how well things have been going. Robbie did very well over the holidays. He was very pleased to see all the presents under the tree and opened, not only his gifts, but all the gifts. This was a pleasant surprise for us because last year he didn't want to ripe the paper and cried "oh no" when we did. That is depressing as a parent. You get so excited to see your children's faces light up at the sight of the gifts.
The first week back to school was challenging as sleep became rare. He was up most of the night running back and forth in the hallway and talking very loudly. We put an air purifier in the room where he sleeps (ours). This device has a soothing white noise. It seems to have done the trick- I hope!! There is nothing worse than not sleeping. It affects your whole being- body, mood, soul!
Now we are plugging along and working hard. I am being trained in ABA therapy and am trying to instill it in everyday activities. It's interesting to me that Robbie will not sit down and "work" with me at home but we will with his dad, who is also working very hard with him. I am trying to get him out of the house to get him to focus and complete different tasks. (People at the library do look at us- but I try to keep it short)
My quote of the week for Robbie is "this is Awesome!" as he was eating corn for dinner- a favorite. One day at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment