Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Weight of it all

 Have you ever felt so overwhelmed with life and then someone says something or does something- at exactly the right moment - and you exhale.............. ? That feeling has happened too many times as of late- at  least the feeling that the weight of the world is on my shoulders.  But- there have been a few times that Robbie- out of all three kids has been the one to say exactly the right thing. That thing that makes me exhale and know things will be alright.  Sometimes its just a comment that is factually accurate- as many with Autism Spectrum disorder are very literal. On Monday- " Hey Robbie- it's Monday- you've got school today."   " Mom, I love the blue school, but I hate Monday's."     Agreed kid!

 When I pack the blue water bottle in his backpack and the black one in his younger brothers - from  my youngest- I'll hear - "you packed me the wrong water bottle!"  But from Robbie- " It's ok Mom, people make mistakes." 

And- my absolute favorite-  " can I have a hug?"   Yes Robbie- you can always have a hug- moms need those too :) 





3 comments:

  1. Hugs for both of you. And a 💙 to match the blue school, the place where happiness helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Simonne!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simmie! Reading this post made my day. I love that you love your work, and I am not at all surprised by this fact. Still, hearing your powerful, strong voice was awesome! Thank you for putting yourself out there. Ali

    ReplyDelete