Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hummel's WIN! Phillies???

Today was awesome! Now, I have no idea how the Phillies did, but for the Hummel's- it was a win! Of course Timmy was his typical two year old self- opening the bathroom stall as I tried to use the restroom (too much information I know) embarrassing for me but typical for Timmy. He was also his wonderful two year self, asking tons of questions and truly loving being out in this big world of ours. Lexi was her typical 7 going on 13 year old self. A bit skeptical, mopey, and already complaining before we got there. But she also didn't complain about her feet hurting, as she normally does, even as we lapped the stadium. She was excited by the "shopping" even if it was for Phillies attire and thought the day was overall - really cool. She even smiled for a few pictures. Robbie was happy to go from the beginning. Rob showed him a picture of the stadium and he asked to go to the baseball game. He was quietly content on the ride there, watching his iPad and looking out of his window. He happily took the free Philly Phanatic hat and wore it, along with his sunglasses all day. ( He's still wearing it) The only time he became agitated was when I pulled him to keep up with Dad who was pushing Timmy in his stroller through the crowd at warp speed. I realized my mistake and slowed down apologizing to Robbie. The day was a bit overwhelming for us all. It was really crowded. It happened to be the birthday of the Philly Phanatic. Our seats were in the blazing hot sun and extremely high up. I am not usually bothered by heights but all I could think about was my sunburned two year old falling over the railing to his death. A bit dramatic I realize, but it was pretty high up there. Even so the day was amazing! I've always known that everyone's "normal" is different but what I realized is how vastly different we all are. A few people I mentioned our proposed outing to were shocked and horrified at the thought of it, yet we ran into others at the game who had not only brought they're children, but their children's friends as well. For me this was such a special day. I got to spend it with four of my favorite people on earth and share a new experience with three of them. Love or hate baseball, there is something special about going to a baseball game, especially on a perfect day. You can smell the peanuts and feel the sunshine. I know my kids won't forget it. And I'll make sure by framing the pictures!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment