Thursday, May 20, 2010

Continue to wonder?????

We've had an interesting few weeks. Robbie has been sleeping better (knock on wood) and we're again restricting his diet. I had hoped to see improvement but it is still touch and go. He'll have a horrible day at school- not participate, cry, hide under the table but will come home and be pleasant and interactive. He struggles with naming colors in his ABA sessions but when we play candy land- he names them all immediately- even purple. I continue to work with him and give him lots of praise and affection. I just feel like I'm missing something. There is a piece of the puzzle that I can't grasp. He has so much knowledge in his head but it's locked in and only comes out on occasion.
We are participating in a walk benefiting Autism Speaks on Saturday. A lot of family and friends will be there. I hope I'm not an emotional mess. It is so bitter sweet to see others with a similar diagnosis. You compare and hope for the best yet fear the worst. All we can is work really hard and continue to love. What else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment