Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Robbie has a best friend"

While we continue to have ups and downs as far as Robbie's progress is concerned- I have a great up to share. At school recently one of the other mom's told me Robbie was her son's best friend. It was awesome to hear- that he had made a real friend. Rob asked if Robbie knew he had a best friend. Truthfully- I wondered the same thing. I asked the other Mom if she wanted to arrange a play date for the boys. She was thrilled. Her son has a mild form of cerebral palsy, a speech delay, and ADHD. I wondered if Robbie would actually play with another child or play around them. To my delight he was excited when his friend arrived and after a few minutes really did play with him. They ran around the house, ran outside and played on our swing set. The little boys Mom was excited because he said Robbie so often and did not have many other words. They were both looking out of the "telescope" in the play house and Robbie put his hand around the other boys shoulder as they made up their adventure. They went down the slide and Robbie said "come on" to the other boy so he would follow him again. I could have cried. My son had such a big grin on his face all afternoon. He has a friend! :)

1 comment: